Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Petit Terre, Moving and First day at work

These past four days have been busy. I met the finnish girl and we went Caravelle beach in St. Anne, I took trip to Petit Terre with the guys from Switzerland and Germany. I moved to Le Moule and started to work my in my new work place.

 Elisa's car was amazing... meaning that I had to clime into it from the window.. :D but hey it worked :DD The day at the beach was awesome, just relaxing, sun bathing and swimming. 
In the evening we had a "party" in the local restaurant in St. Anne, we celebrated the last day of some Swiss people in the Guadeloupe. 

The trip to Petit Terre was amazing! I saw dolphins, tortue and sting ray! In the island there ws a lot of iguanas and the beach was so beautiful! We took a speedboat from St. Francois with 6 other people. The boat trip took around 30 min and I learned that I never sit again in the front of the speedboat it was way too bouncy for me!  We spend the whole day at the island, eating, drinking, taking picture, walking and snorkeling!  For the first time I felt totally relaxed in Guadeloupe!

I moved in the same evening…. But it didn’t go as we planned.. Marika picked me up from St. Anne after the trip to Petit Terre and we drove to Le Moule, but there was a problem with my bathroom in my apartment so I moved bit further away from the city in the same building with my landlord. On Sunday we supposed to move my luggage to my apartment but this time there was a confirmation party at his place so it didn’t happened. Instead he invited me to the party, which was really nice since I met two really nice women over there and we changed numbers. Finally on Monday after work I got to my new apartment! It was in evening so I haven’t really looked around the neighborhood or anything but the apartment is nice. And here is even washing machine for clothes!!!!! But I tried to cook last night but I couldn’t get the stove working… Why I always have this same problem… and here is no WIFI at the moment. I asked my landlord what I need to do to get the WIFI and he said he will find out… TV is not working either...But yeah the apartment is more than studio I have bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilette and bathroom. So this I pretty big! Me like!

The first day at work went well. My boss is really nice and relaxed and speaks little bit English, which helps now in the begging. There is five other inter in working in the company at the moment, four Guadeloupenne and one French . The French woman can speak English so she helped if I didn’t know some word in French and etc.  Three of the Guadeloupenne interns can speak English too but not so well. Like as well as I can speak French, so not well…. :D

During the first day I was looking for companies in Guadeloupe who would like to make discounts for elderly people. We are going to make this discount card for the elderly people over 50. Trop Events Communication arranges this event for elderly people and the discount card is part of the event props.

First picture: My shopping from St. Anne
Second picture: Petit Terre
Third picture: Mailbox of my work place <3
Fourth picture: My work place
Fifth picture: Inside of my work place 

No comments:

Post a Comment