Thursday, June 13, 2013

Marie Galante and something else


The trip to Marie Galante was great. Marie Galante is a small island next to Guadeloupe. It is safer compared to Guadeloupe since Maija says she can go for run after the sunset. I wouldn’t do that here in Le Moule… I stayed with Maija and together with one French girl we three drove through the island. I went to kayaking to mangogrove forest with Maija and saw small tortues. We visited few beaches and tried to find caves. The rum distilleries were the best! Here you can buy tum in all the different flavours like coffee, chocolate, coconut, passion and many other! Yummi! The beaches of Marie Galante are pretty, but no comparison for Antiguan beaches.


La Plage du Mystiques is the prettiest one and there is no mosquitoes..
The weirdest night so I spent here was with Maija and her friend and friends brother. We went to karaoke bar/restaurant full of kids and listened karaoke… yeah that wasn’t really my thing……. Maija wasn’t either so excited.. kids + bad singing is never good combination.. well for Maijas friend it is nice evening out… The second night we tried to find someone place to go party but… they told us it is low season so nothing really happens…. Plaaah… You can buy the best passion orange juice from Marie Galante!

Like I have said before people here are nice! I have awesome neighbour who have been helping me with many stuff here. He called his friend to fix my shower to get warm water and gave me lift from Pointe á Pitre back to Le Moule after I returned from Marie Galante.. He also takes me to buying food with his cars and tells me what things I should taste here and brings me sometimes some local dishes.

















I found this event in facebook advertising the concert of Aidonia at Guadeloupe. My neighbor was telling me about some concert but he didn’t remember, who, when, or where, but I guess it is that one! My workmates help me to find the place where they sell tickets for the concert and I bought tickets for me and Maija. I can’t wait! It’s gona be fun!

Work is been nice. I have been contacting people for different events and I need to do facebook page for this one event. 
My workmates are crazy! :D  But they make my days so much better here and It would be super boring without them! Today we were dancing and braiding hair.. but we did work in the morning.. :D 



First Picture: Boat Ticket to Marie Galante

Second Picture: Maija's place and our car for the weekend

Third Picture: Mangrove Forest

Fourth Picture: Me kayaking in Mangrove forest

Fifth Picture: Sandra made me braid

Sixth Picture: How many people we need to fix the fan?!?






















No comments:

Post a Comment