Thursday, May 30, 2013

Beach and school

During these two days I have met even more young people staying in Guadeloupe! I finally met my friend's friend who is in exchange here. You can check her blog from here!
Unfortunately it is only in Finnish.

On wednesday I was windsurfing! It was super fun! I will definitely try that again later! I went to surfing with the swiss girls and we had to hottest teacher! 

I booked trip to Petit Terre, it is island part of Guadeloupe, there is nature reserve if I have understood correctly. I am going to take the trip with two people from german and with two swiss girls. 
If I would have stayed here in St. Anne and took the language school longer, I probably would speak german and not french! :D 

Today I was hanging out with Elisa my friend's friend from Finland. We went to the beach close by St. Anne and after we went to the evening market. The evening market was full of people selling fresh fruits and vegetables and food! I ate way too much! I tasted accrass, which are kind a like falafel. Lentils with lot of spices mixed and fried. Elisa helped to pick nice mango, which I will eat tomorrow! 

Other awesome stuff what I have tasted so far are Ti Punch, Guave, Fresh pineapple juice, Guyana sorbet and Coco sorbet, and this weird looking fruit, which I cannot remember the name of. 

For my happy surprise I got message from a Finnish woman who is working in Marie Galante if I want to rent a car with her and go to see Les Souffrière with her during some weekend. I love the idea! 
But I feel like everyone I meet here are leaving... :( Have to make new friends all the time. Well when I start working my workmates probably will be here the whole time, hopefully! :D 

Tomorrow I am probably going to Le Gosier with Elisa to celebrate their last evening in Guadeloupe. 

1. Picture is Ti Punch, there is a lot of rum, hint of lime and sugar. 
2. Picture local woman selling coco sorbet at the St. Anne evening market
3. Picture the weird looking fruit. :D

And I finally got my Gwada number from Digicel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment