Thursday, July 18, 2013

Surfing!!


On Saturday me, Kathleen and Denis went to surfing! It was so exhausting…. But fun! After 30 min I was already super tired and we were only in the half way of the lesson… I couldn’t yet stand up on the board but I got to my knees. Before Saturday I had to buy the shorts and the t-shirt for the surfing… super expensive.. We will have five lessons and I hope in the end of the course I am actually able to stand on the board.
I spent the whole Sunday on the beach and finally got some colour that can be noticed by other people too! JEIJ!

There was shark attack on the island of Reunion on monday... 15 years old girl who was swimming just in the shore was killed. That makes me little bit scared of surfing.... but it was in Reunion not here.. 

During this week I have people playing Gwoka, which is traditional Guadeloupean music and some reggae band. Cool cool…

Yesterday it was the first time the rain caught me and I was soaking wet… everybody stared at me at the market... 

At work I have been writing business letters in French.. difficult, but at least I feel like I am learning! The event which I am mainly responsible for is coming together slowly but surely.. 

I have been invited to spend the weekend of Marie Galante and Capesterre next weekend… I am probably going to Capesterre since I haven’t spend much time in Basse Terre and I wanna explore that side of the island….. and I don’t have to miss my surf lesson.
Our original plan was to go to this concert on next Saturday evening but we don’t have any guy who could go with us,because Denis is going to St.Maarten, so Kathleen don’t’ wanna go just with girls. I understand her, she wants to be careful and there is nothing wrong with that. But I hope we can manage to go out at least once all together.

I visited Kathleen's place today and we had lunch with her family, I understood all the topics we were discussing! Jeij! Before the lunch me and Kathleen went to this beach near to her place. The beach is in the area which is guarded so we had to take a long route through bushes, but when we returned from the beach we went trough the gate and I was acting I don't speak any French so the guard left us alone. Acting that you don't understand the language that the other person speaks work every time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment